Trees, trees, sweet, salty, easy, and super cute!!! This recipe for chocolate covered pretzel trees as so easy that your kids can do it all by themselves! There is no better way to get your kids excited about a holiday than having them get involved in the celebration. Tu Bishvat is the Jewish holiday celebrating trees, so there is no better treat than a tree shaped one.
- 1 Bag of Green Candy-Melts
- Small Twisted Pretzels
- Pretzels for the Trunk (dippers, sticks, rods)
- Candies or sprinkles for decorating
- Place the whole bag of candy melts into a gallon-sized plastic bag and close it.
- Put the bag into a large bowl of hot water to melt the chocolate. Take it out occasionally to squish the chocolate around until it’s all melted.
- Once melted. Dry off the outside of your bag (melted chocolate & water don’t mix!).
- Open you bag and toss in your small pretzels. Toss them around until they are completed coated in green chocolate.
- Create your trees: Place 1 twisted pretzel onto a parchment lined baking sheet, then place a trunk pretzel on top, then place the rest of your pretzels to create the shape of a tree. Make sure to use plenty of the melted chocolate, so that they’ll stick together.
- Decorate with your fruit inspired sprinkles
- Allow chocolate to harden by placing in the refrigerator or freezer for a few minutes.
- Store at room temperature for up to a week
Don’t let your melted chocolate get water in it. It will seize up.
Keywords: Tu Bishvat, Tu B'Shvat