This recipe of Honey Cake Ice Cream for Rosh Hashanah will be the perfect sweet for a sweet Jewish new year. We will dip apples in honey, make my Honey Cake Muffins, Apple Cake Upside-Down Cake, and maybe trek to a Jewish bakery for teiglach.
Have you ever made your own ice cream? This sweetened condensed milk and whipped cream method of making ice cream is so amazingly easy and fun. This ice cream flavor combination takes all the yummy warm spice flavors and honey of a honey cake in ice cream form! It’s a lovely treat to share with guests if you’re having people over for Rosh Hashanah or to add a little holiday spirit to your at-home celebration. Enjoy!Print
An easy ice cream recipe featuring the warm spice and honey flavors of honey cake that’s traditionally eaten on Rosh Hashanah.
- 1 – 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup gingersnap cookies
- In a bowl mix condensed milk, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- With a mixer, whip heavy cream till there are stiff peaks.
- Fold the condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream gently. You want to keep it as fluffy as possible.
- Fold in ½ cup of the cookie crumbs
- Start layering the ice cream mixture and honey into a Tupperware. First a layer of the mixture, then cover with a drizzle of honey, more mixture, more honey, more mixture and top with the remaining cookie crumbs.
- Cover and freeze until firm.
Keywords: Rosh Hashanah, Honey Cake Ice Cream
Learn More About The High Holidays:
Pingback: Online High Holiday Services BINGO - Rosh Hashanah / Yom Kippur on August 15, 2018