These mini-muffins are a healthier, snackable twist on the Rosh Hashanah classic honey cake.
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour (or AP flour)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ cup coffee (I use 3 tsp. decaf instant coffee & ½ cup water)
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil / vegetable oil
- 1 small diced apples (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease your mini-muffin tin.
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon
- In a large bowl, whisk together: eggs, honey, coffee, and oil
- Mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients
- Add small diced apples if preferred. Apples will come out firm, but tender.
- Fill mini-muffin tins to the top.
- Bake for 12-15 mins.