I’m always looking for ways to make Friday night Shabbat extra special. These slushies can be made ahead by freezing the juice in advance and transferring to a separate container or just leaving in the ice cube trays.
I use cherry flavored seltzer to make ours. I like that it cuts the sweetness of the juice a bit, but you can alway use soda if your family likes things sweeter.
I bought the ice cube trays and smoothie straws at Dollar Tree.Print
- 1 ¾ cup Grape Juice (red or white)
- ½ cup Flavored Seltzer or Lemon-Lime Soda
- Combine ¾ cup grape juice & ½ cup seltzer
- Pour mixture into ice cube trays. Make sure to leave plenty of room for them to expand while freezing.
- Freeze overnight.
- Place all the frozen cubes & remaining 1 cup grape juice into blender.
- Pulse blender to crush ice cubes, then blend on “smoothie” setting until smooth.
- Pour into cups and serve with straw (smoothie straw with the spoon end, if you’re feeling fancy)
Pingback: Challah with a Twist | Everyday Jewish Mom on August 16, 2017