Classic, super easy, not-to-sweet, dough.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbs. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 4 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Mix eggs & sugar together until combined.
- Add oil, vanilla, baking powder, and salt
- Add flour a bit at a time, mixing completely before adding the next bit.
- Split dough into halves, shape into a disc and wrap each in plastic.
- Let it chill in the refrigerator overnight or at least for a few hours
To Make & Bake
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On a floured surface, roll your dough to 1/6 inch (just under 1/4)
- Using a 3 in round cookie cutter or drinking glass, cut out as many circles as possible
- Put a heaping teaspoon of desired filling into the center of each circle.
- Fold into a triangle*
- Bake for about 16 minutes
*To add sprinkles, brush with egg whites and sprinkle sprinkles.
* These are affiliate links. They won’t change your shopping experience at all, but will help me buy some extra sprinkles for my challah.
Pingback: 3 Easy Ways to Decorate Hamantaschen – Everyday Jewish Mom on February 15, 2018
Pingback: Baking Hamantaschen With Kids / Purim For Kids – baking on February 15, 2018
Pingback: Mishloach Manot Tags and Explanation - Free Printable on February 15, 2018
Pingback: Hamantaschen Dog Treats - Perfect Purim Treats for Your Pooch on February 15, 2018