Purim is all about having a good time. There’s no reason why our pups can’t get involved. These hamantaschen dog treats are the perfect surprise to add to any mishloach manot. They feature a peanut butter cookie and cream cheese filling. Your dog will know that it’s a special day when they get their snout on these.
Interested in learning more about Purim? Check out this video explaining the basics.Print
It’s time for our dogs to celebrate Purim too. These hamantaschen dog treats are the perfect addition to mishloach manot for the dog lovers in your life. This dog treat recipe features a peanut butter cookie with cream cheese filling.
- 2.5 cups flour (all-purpose works fine, whole wheat has more nutrition)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (just make sure it doesn’t include artificial sweeteners)
- 1 cup of water
- 4oz. cream cheese – for the filling
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix together all of the dough ingredients in a large bowl or stand mixer
- Roll out dough onto a lightly floured surface, a bit less than 1/4 inch think
- Use a round cookie cutter or water glass to cut out circles
- Place 1/2 tsp of cream cheese in the center of each circle
- Fold into a triangle – first pinch the top corner, then pinch two more corners. This dough needs you to really mash those corners together to get them to stick.
- Place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 18 minutes.
Keywords: hamantaschen, hamantashen, purim, dog treats